vendredi 30 octobre 2009

sweet home à Béthel...

Just a bit ago I had a week off. I got e-mails asking about some of the people i saw and the only 2 photos that would upload are these. First off is GLENN! He's my husband on facebook. It was great seeing him. I spent 4 days visiting with him and it was great fun ! I met Glen summer of 2008 in Alberthead, which is on Vancouver Island right outside of Victoria. Its an Air Cadet Summer Training Center. I staffed the Basic course and he was with the Standards department. This past summer he was in Cold Lake so I didn't get to staff with him, but we talked all summer.



Then the next one is Joey. I met him at Honor Band, which is a cadet band of ARMY, AIR, and SEA cadets. He was a drummer and I played the Trumpet. I thought i wouldn't see him again until i went on this trip of wonders, went to visit Glen in Kingston and wanted to see my cousin at RMC. Turns out Joey was there too ! I went to his room, suprised him, and then he hoped into his uniform and we went to the Copper Penny for Supper. It was so yummy !


So how I've been... Kinda alright. I'm not really the kind to get home sick, but being here makes me. Yes I do miss my family, but mostly my friends and my bed... ohh my bed. My bed here is so hard and small, but I got my douvet to make its some what comfortable.

Today was a very "Hermit Crab" kind of day. I woke up at 7:10 to do my culte personnel.. we have a designated time for them, then at 9:15 I started my homework, once i was done watching CARS!


It is pretty much my favorite movie. Not too sure if the picture worked though, but oh well. After watching Cars I attempted to do homework. Its really hard to do it when your head feels like 1000 pounds and you feel nausious everytime you try to speak or try to think to hard. So i finished my 2 page assignment and then went to sleep from 1:30 - 5:30 or 6:00... not sure. Some where between there. I gave my homework to my room mate to give to Mariette (my teacher) and then went to bed. I woke up to dinner on my desk with MORE HOMEWORK ! agghhh it doesn't end. Thank goodness for the weekend. I don't know what I've been feeling so sick, but its true. I think its a mixture of food/lack of sleep/over workness. Those three mixed together equals me missing class because I'm too sick to go and don't really feel like vomiting all over my classmates ( sorry if that was a bit too much... ) but oh well. Thats my life now.

This morning also I was feeling sick. Before i fell asleep a girl came in wondering where my roommate was. I was thinking of my friends and fam jam and was about to have a break down, then she told me she was leaving to go back home for the weekend. People here complain that its too far for them to return and they don't want to spend $100 for a round trip bus ticket. I told them they have it good and told them that if i wanted to go home it would cost me $1000 for a round trip... gahh.

Update on next year. I'm not going to come back, but work in Terrace for a while, do online courses for the flight attendant, and once i have enough money, a car hopefully, and I'm done my courses, I will treck down to Vancouver and do the hand on training and hopefully be living with My brother and sister-in-law. It would be so much fun ! I wanted to come back next year, but its hard being here and it gets to the point where I don't really want to be here all that often. Yeah its great fun, good school, but too many rules and I get tired sometimes.

Anyways, I gotta stop being anti-social and go play some french games.

Please pray for me as its really rough right now. MERCI BEAUCOUP !

1 commentaire:

  1. Oh dude, I'm sorry you're feeling home sick! I'm sorry we don't live closer so that you could come here for a weekend or five. I hope that it gets better :)

    Awesome that you're planning for the future!! Great idea, and always good to have a plan :)

    RépondreSupprimer