jeudi 27 août 2009

Day 3

Today was a great day. Time really does fly here. I took millions of pictures, watched a movie in french, a gout de nouvelle... i think.... , did the dishes (well loaded the dishwasher and turned the dial to make it go), phoned telus and had a 20 minute arguement, and then waited for Alexandras dad to pick me up. I phoned telus asking about their one number unlimited. When i called the first time they said that I could use the number on the back of the calling card (1-866-378-7166) as my one number unlimited. It only took 20 minutes to figure out if I could actually do it. In the end she said that I could. I was really happy because then it wouldn`t charge me 25¢ each time i used the calling card on my phone. Tonight when I went to get the Unlimited one number on my phone, the lady said that I couldn`t use it because it was a Toll Free number (even though it costs me 25¢ to use). I got frustrated and told them that they had just said this morning that i could use the number as my One number unlimited but I guess the telus lady who only spoke a bit of english with a strong punjabi accent was wrong.
*Note to self: Ask for the manager or someone who speaks english fluently that doesn`t say your name 50 billion times in a sentance that knows what they are talking about.

So in the end I have to use the pay phones that will hopefully be at my school all the time if i want to make a phone call instead of using my cell phone which would be much faster and i could have a private convo with people. Maybe my room mate will have a long distance plan on her phone that i could use... we can only hope.

We then went to his house, sat around for a while, then they took me out for dinner to Boston Pizza. Do you know how hard it is to find what you want to eat when everything is in french? You think it might be easy, but really is so difficult. I stared at the pictures hoping something would look good, but in the end it didn`t, so I looked at the appitizers and saw,"Pain pizza bandera" meaning in english Bandara Bread. Then the next task was trying to pronounce it and ask for extra sauce. They never understood my extra sauce part due to my french skills are very bad, but I`m learning. I learned Caterpiller and Butterfly and Spicy (épicee). Thankfully Alexandras family loves me enough to say that, "Perogy épicee" was Spicy Perogy pizza otherwise my mouth would have died. After dinner we went to Wal*Mart for Shampoo, conditioner, rasoir (is that french spelling or english... i can`t really remember), binder, pens, pencil, sharpener, paper... etc. Basically everything I needed that I couldn`t bring on the plane because of weight restrictions. Ohhh and my pencil case is the best. Its yellow with rainbows and suns on it... Its pretty much the best thing next to sliced bread. Anthony, Alexandras brother (the one who I`m staying with), just laughed at me when he saw me pick it out, but whatever it works. After we went back to Alexandras dads house, watched Valkyrie (which was in english... took forever to find though) and now going to bed. Its 12:00am. Good night!

p.s. TOMORROW IS MY HAIR CUT AND MONDAY I GO TO THE SCHOOL!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire