So my thoughts now. As I was saying before about my plans verses Gods plans? Well let me tell you a story. Growing up in a Christian school and going to a christian youth group and going to a christian church... well we'll just put it this way, I've been surrounded by Christianity all my life. For the last 2 years I have been attending the Pentacostal Youth Group. It has been a blessing going there and Casey, oh Casey, he is my life saving HERO!!! Every time we are singing he always says, "Connect with God and just hear what He is telling you. " or "Press in! Keep Pressing in!" Well I tried and tried, and all around me I could sence that the other people were. I would try and try, but never really understood what it truly ment. Then Casey would start to speak in tongues and all I could think about was that he was there with God and he was having a "God moment" as I call them. I always tried, but never really got anything it felt like. I would just be standing there, singing, lifting my arms in the air, praying afterwards, having people pray for me (while I'm balling my eyes out, casey always makes me cry it feels like, HEYYY!!) but I never really had a sence of what they ment. Pastors would always talk about visions they had and talk frequently about what God was telling them. Honestly, I've never had a moment like that. A feeling that God was there. A sign that He was there and showing me where to go. A path showing me where to go and how to follow it. Well things have changed this year. Here is my novel. You ready?
In 2007 or 2008, don't remember when, but the Watotos Childrens choir came to visit. We had two people stay with us. A man by the name of Gideon and a little boy named Samuel. It was so sweet having them stay with us. Gideon was talking about how in Africa, in the Watoto village, they were needing help with things. I asked him millions of questions about how to get connected with the program and was wondering if it was at all possible that I could work there after I graduated. Gideon went on telling me that if I wanted to work in the Watoto village, all I would need to do is just contact them, fill out a bunch of paperwork, and I should be good to go. I was so stoked to do it, but then college came up. I wanted to go to college also. I applied to numerous colleges, but the only one I got accepted to was Parole de Vie Béthel here in Sherbrooke, Quebec. My original plan was to do the French Immersion program, but after coming here and being in the bible and french classes, it got to be a little bit stressful. I had to take a test when I got here to see where my level of french was. Then on friday I had to take an immersion test to see if my french is good enough to be in the immersion program (bible and french). I needed to get 60% to be in, but I only got
They showed me my test and I was super stoked about the grade. I thought I was going to fail it, but the test showed that i was wrong and PASSED! Just never passed the 60% that i needed to get into the immersion program. They were glad that I had talked to them earlier about just being in the french program because they didn't want to have to break it to me and me be really upset about it. Now that I'm just in the french program I had to buy a program called, "Rosetta Stone". It is a hands-on program that teaches you french. Everyday I have to do 2 hours of it, maybe more, to catch up to the other students doing Rosetta Stone. Well here is the rest of my story.
After being accepted, I looked more into the Watoto website and it turns out that the children there speak french and english, but mostly french. HOLLLAAA!!!! 2 pieces of my puzzle together :) Being here has been crazy, as I've said numerous other times. Last night I had a dream, but it felt like a vision! Crazy? I know! It was about me being back here at PdVB, but I wasn't in the same class. This time i was in Evangelism and I understood what was going on and there were new people. Is this showing me that it is next year? Am I being shown that I will be here next year? Am I supposed to be here next year in the immersion program? So many questions that I wish I had answers for, but I guess i will have to see how everything pans out.
One of the things we can do here is Evangelism with Children. I got asked if I wanted to be part of it and I said I would if they needed me. This would be a great experience and it would show me what it would be like in Africa. Africa has always been a place that I wanted to go and there are quite a few missionaries here that are going to Africa. They would love to have me go with them if i wanted to, but maybe after being here I will go there and visit them and stay and work with them. Who knows what could happen. Anything could, but I will just wait and see what God's plan is now. I've made plans, but they have all changed since being here and who knows what else could change. The world is a big place and its just waiting for me to open the doors and join whatever is given to me.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire